WHAT IS A THREAD LIFT?
A thread lift is a nonsurgical facial rejuvenation procedure that passes threads beneath the surface of your skin to lift the tissue. The threads may have tiny barbs or cones that help grip the skin. When appropriately positioned, they give your face a more lifted, toned appearance, especially around the lower face and jowls.
The procedure for applying tensioning (or Russian) threads is simple. It begins by making a drawing in the area to be treated, to later place the threads with a very fine needle or cannula, forming a mesh of threads that supports the tissues thanks to its crossed weave. The tightening effect is immediate and has the advantage that the tightening threads, as they are reabsorbed, induce the generation of collagen in the area where they have been placed.
ADVANTAGES OF THE USE OF TENSIONING WIRE:
• They are much less invasive than a traditional facelift.
• The tensioning threads do not cause allergies.
• Stimulate the production of natural collagen.
• The duration is high, between 12 to 24 months, depending on the patient.
• The effect of the tensioning threads is immediate.
• The application of threads does not contraindicate any other procedure in the same area in the future
. The threads are completely reabsorbed at 6 months. The duration of the treatment is short, from 30 minutes to 2 hours, depending on the area. It is applied with local anesthesia on an outpatient basis in about 60 min. In the areas where we place the thread, there is no important nerve that can be injured, the risk of infection is minimal. The result is seen immediately after the threads are applied, there may be a small swelling. A micropore is placed for a few hours.